What is it for?
For being able to log-on to a computing cluster and submit and manage compute jobs that they create.
What skills does it represent?
This badge covers the use of a shared resource high-performance computing cluster.
- understanding priority and queue systems
- assessing memory and CPU and time requirements
- selecting appropriate queues and resource limits
- preparing computational tasks for submission
- managing and trouble-shooting jobs
The bearer is competent to begin computational analyses on a shared resource high-performance computing cluster.