What is it for?
For being able to write and run basic Perl scripts.
What skills does it represent?
This badge covers several basic programming concepts in the Perl programming language.
- Variables: Scalars and Arrays
- Flow control: Conditionals and Loops
- File handling: reading from and writing to files
- String comparisons and operations and simple Regular Expressions
- Numerical comparisons and operations
The bearer is able to use a custom written Perl script to analyse simple data
sets or parse information from simple data files.