What is it for?
For being able to write and run basic Python scripts.
What skills does it represent?
This badge covers several basic programming concepts in the Python programming language:
- Variables: scalars, lists, objects
- Flow control: Conditionals and Loops
- File handling: reading from and writing to files
- Understanding the basic type concept of Python
- String comparisons and operations and simple Regular Expressions
- Numerical comparisons and operations
The bearer is able to use a custom written Python script to analyse simple data
sets or parse information from simple data files.